Phone: 507-423-5164 Ext. 1104
Best time to call: before 7:45 am or after 3:20 pm
Welcome to 2nd Grade! I am very excited to start the new year!
I have been teaching at Lakeview since 2005. This is my 17th year at Lakeview and 14th year teaching 2nd grade. Before moving to the area, I lived in the Winona/LaCrosse area for 8 years where I attended college at Winona State University, then went on to teach 5th grade for 4 years. I am originally from Sartell, MN.
I live in Cottonwood with my husband, Michael, our 3 children, and our dog, Loki. My daughter, Kayla, will be a freshman at Minnesota State University - Moorhead. My son, Kyle, will be a 10th grader, and my youngest, Ben, will be in 6th grade this fall. In my free time I enjoy crocheting, reading, attending my kids' sporting events, crafts, and playing with my family.
For as long as I can remember I have always wanted to be a teacher. I love learning. I love teaching. I love watching the kids grow. I love watching their excitement when something new begins to click. I love their curiosity. My goal is to provide your children with an environment where they feel safe to take risks, to motivate them to take an active role in their learning, and to help them find continued success through fun and challenging opportunities. I strive to create an environment in which the students become problem-solvers and creative thinkers. My sincere hope is that when they leave my classroom, that they not only have grown academically, but that they leave here with a love for learning, and the self-confidence to take on challenges when they arise. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone as we get ready for a year full of new experiences, new ideas, new knowledge, and a lot of fun!!
A little more about me!
- Color: green
- Food: quesadillas or philly cheese steak sandwiches
- Snack: buttery popcorn, pretzels, or anything chocolate
- Fruit: raspberries and blueberries – YUM!
- Sport: Vikings football, Twins baseball, and anything my kids are playing!
- Book: too many to list, but Strega Nona is one
- Author: Tomie dePaola
- Cartoons: Scooby Doo or Tom and Jerry
- Movie: How to Train Your Dragon (all of them), Greatest Showman
- Hobbies: crocheting, crafting, reading, gardening, watching movies, going to plays and musicals, walking outdoors
- Season: fall
- Subject - All of them
- Thing to do with my family - play games, do puzzles, watch movies, travel
Did you also know....?
- I have a younger sister named Melanie who teaches 4th grade in Texas. I have a younger brother named Brian who is an archetectual drafter and designer. (That means he helps create really cool things for inside homes and businesses, including places like Target Field.)
- I play piano and used to play the clarinet.
- I am a HUGE football fan. I LOVE my Minnesota Vikings! SKOL!
- I have 3 awesome nieces named Abby, Maggie, and Mia. I also have 2 amazing nephews named Carson and Kyler.
"The more that you will read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." ~Dr. Seuss