1st grade Physical Education
Minnesota 2018 K-12 Academic Standards in Physical Education
The Student will:
1. Demonstrate competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns.
2. Apply knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies and tactics to movement and performance.
3. Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness.
4. Exhibit responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others.
5. Recognize the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and social interaction.
1. Listens to directions
2. Uses good decision making skills (not disruptive behaviors)
3. Tries hard
4. Shows good sportsmanship
5. Works cooperatively with classmates
6. Accepts responsibility for actions
1. Follows rules for simple games
2. Cooperately works with group
3. Uses equipment and space safely and properly
4. Solves minor conflicts with classmates
5. Moves through space safely during activity
6. Honestly, reports the results of work
Locomotion: Hopping, galloping, skipping, running, Jumping
Manipulation: Rolling and throwing underhanded, overhanded, Dropping and catching a ball, dribbling a ball, passing a ball with your feet, Kicking, striking an object, jump roping,
Concepts and Knowledge: traveling using slow and fast speeds, traveling around classmates safely, using space and equipment safely
Physical activity knowledge: Ways to be physically active, Actively participate in physical education