Return to Headlines

Community Resources


Community Resources


Southwest Health and Human Services

Yellow Medicine Family Services

Minnesota Department of Health

Center for Disease Control (CDC)


Local Red Cross Blood Drives
Find a blood drive near you


Local Food Shelves - Donations Accepted

Cottonwood Food Pantry –507-423-5100

Granite Falls Food Shelf –320-564-2211

Marshall – Kitchen Table Food Shelf – 507-537-1416


Southwest Health and Human Services: Call SWHHS in your area or visit for assistance.

Yellow Medicine County Senior Meal Program: Prairie Five Community Action Partnership congregate meal sites are closed. They are delivering frozen and shelf stable meals. 320-269-9009

  • Download the Free Meals for Kids app provided by Hunger Impact Partners to your phone or device. 
  • Call the 211 Hotline. From a cell phone – Twin Cities Metro Area: 651-291-0211, Greater Minnesota: 1-800-543-7709, TTY: 651-291-8440.
  • Call the Minnesota Food HelpLine at 1-888-711-1151, available from Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Central Time. 
  • Text "Food" to 877-877. Spanish speakers, text "comida" to 877-877. 

Energy Assistance Program (EAP) facts

  • Renters & homeowners are eligible.
  • Assets such as the home are not considered in determining eligibility.
  • Grants range from $300 to $1,600, based on household size, income, and fuel cost.
  • The average grant is about $550.
  • In addition to the initial grant, additional Crisis funds are available to:

-        Help pay a past due bill or get an emergency fuel delivery.

-        Help homeowners get their broken furnace repaired or replaced.

How to apply for EAP

  • Households contact their local EAP service provider to apply for EAP.
  • Households find their EAP provider:

-        By calling 1-800-657-3710 & entering their zip code, or

-        On this list of service providers by county or tribe at

  • 29 local EAP service providers including Community Action Programs, counties, tribal governments and non-profits serve all areas of the state.
  • Find general EAP information at .
  • EAP flyers on the web: