Local Red Cross Blood Drives
Find a blood drive near you
Local Food Shelves - Donations Accepted
Cottonwood Food Pantry –507-423-5100
Granite Falls Food Shelf –320-564-2211
Marshall – Kitchen Table Food Shelf – 507-537-1416
Esther's Kitchen - Marshall, MN: Offering to-go meals.
For daily updates, call 612-377-9810.
Kitchen Table Food Shelf - Marshall, MN: Outside pickup services only. The food shelf will be open during its regular days and hours (M, W, F 12:30-4:15 p.m.). Workers will do the shopping. Clients will be given a shopping list and a serving number. Clients should knock on the white door. People using public transportation should call ahead (507-537-1416) and a box will be ready upon arrival.
Lutheran Social Services: Currently offering shelf stable emergency meals and frozen meals for curbside pickup, as well as Meals on Wheels delivery in the following LSS Bistro and Meals on Wheels locations for those ages 60+ - More Information
Yellow Medicine County Senior Meal Program: Prairie Five Community Action Partnership congregate meal sites are closed. They are delivering frozen and shelf stable meals. 320-269-9009
- Download the Free Meals for Kids app provided by Hunger Impact Partners to your phone or device.
- Call the 211 Hotline. From a cell phone – Twin Cities Metro Area: 651-291-0211, Greater Minnesota: 1-800-543-7709, TTY: 651-291-8440.
- Call the Minnesota Food HelpLine at 1-888-711-1151, available from Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Central Time.
- Text "Food" to 877-877. Spanish speakers, text "comida" to 877-877.
Energy Assistance Program (EAP) facts
- Renters & homeowners are eligible.
- Assets such as the home are not considered in determining eligibility.
- Grants range from $300 to $1,600, based on household size, income, and fuel cost.
- The average grant is about $550.
- In addition to the initial grant, additional Crisis funds are available to:
- Help pay a past due bill or get an emergency fuel delivery.
- Help homeowners get their broken furnace repaired or replaced.
How to apply for EAP
- Households contact their local EAP service provider to apply for EAP.
- Households find their EAP provider:
- By calling 1-800-657-3710 & entering their zip code, or
- On this list of service providers by county or tribe at https://mn.gov/commerce/consumers/consumer-assistance/energy-assistance/eap-provider.jsp.
- 29 local EAP service providers including Community Action Programs, counties, tribal governments and non-profits serve all areas of the state.
- Find general EAP information at https://mn.gov/commerce/eap.jsp .
- EAP flyers on the web: